By Angie Chang (Girl Geek X Founder)
Elevate showcased 22 amazing speakers and 7 mission-aligned sponsors at our virtual conference in celebration of International Women’s Day for the past two years. We received rave reviews for the content and accessibility of the online program, and are looking forward to another in 2020!
GIRL GEEK ELEVATE TALKS IN 2019 – TOP RATED VIDEOS
Here are the most popular talks from past Elevate virtual conferences based on attendee ratings of the sessions:
#3 – From Office Manager to Chief Product Officer (video) – Shawna Wolverton (Zendesk Senior Vice President of Product Management)
#4 – Building High Performance Teams (video) – Nupur Srivastava (Grand Rounds Vice President of Product Management), Citlalli Solano (Palo Alto Networks Director of Engineering, Colleen Bashar (Guidewire Software Vice President), Gretchen DeKnikker (Girl Geek X Chief Operating Officer)
#5 – CTO’s Lessons Learned from Software Developer to IPO (video) – Cathy Polinsky (Stitch Fix Chief Technology Officer)
#6 – It’s Not Them, It’s You: Self-Awareness & Ego (video) – Minji Wong (At Her Best Founder)
#7 – Creating An AI For Social Good Program (video) – Anna Bethke (Intel Head of AI for Good)
#8 – Engineering Leadership: From Cat Herder to Air Traffic Controller (video) – Laura Thomson (Mozilla Director of Engineering, Rija Javed (MarketInvoice Chief Technology Officer), Miriam Aguirre (Skillz Vice President of Engineering, Vidya Setlur (Tableau Software NLP Manager)
#9 – Using Statistics for Security: Threat Detection at Netflix (video) – Nicole Grinstead (Netflix Senior Software Security Engineer)
#10 – The Art of the Interview: How Would Your Candidates Rate You? (video) – Aline Lerner (Interviewing.io Founder)
ELEVATE SPEAKERS AND SPONSORS WANTED
We invite the Girl Geek X coommunity from around the world to participate in Elevate to share the latest in tech and leadership with fellow mid-and-senior level professional women.
Sessions may reflect the theme of this year’s conference – “Lift As You Climb” – and content typically covers the following topics:
- Lightning Tech Talks – Dive deep into an area that’s unique/critical to your business or role (i.e. machine learning, security, usability, UX/UI, ethics in building product, data analysis, etc.)
- Technical Skills & Tactics – Tutorials, walkthroughs, or deep dives into a skillset or tactical approach to how you solved a real-world challenge.
- Learning and Development – Topics include negotiation, job search, interviewing tips, being a better leader, self-awareness, career growth, management, etc.
- Inclusion, Equality, and Allyship – Topics include being a better ally, lifting other women up, and actionable advice for individual contributors or managers.
- Interesting Life/Career Journeys/Distance-Traveled Stories – Did you overcome socioeconomic challenges (i.e. first in family to go to college, raised in poverty/rural area/etc.) while giving back or contributing to the greater good?
- Work on a unique technical project or have interesting insights you’d love to share with other other women & allies? We want to hear from you!
Tip: The best proposals include 3-5 key takeaways — what attendees will learn from your talk!
Submit your proposal for a talk and/or panel here by December 24, 2019 11:59PM PDT for Girl Geek Elevate virtual conference.
For conference sponsorship inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE GIRL GEEK DINNERS IN 2020
We would love to have more Girl Geek Dinners at med/health companies, biotech companies, consumer-facing companies… We are interested in partner more with the scientific and ethical-minded companies out there in addition to our slate of tech companies hosting Girl Geek Dinners.
For dinner sponsorship inquiries, please contact email@example.com
“X” IS FOR PODCASTS AND MORE
Girl Geek Dinners, Girl Geek Elevate, Girl Geek Podcasts, and much more!
Here are the best 10 Girl Geek Dinner videos of 2019.
We’ll be releasing the “best of 2019” lists for more content soon, stay tuned!