Our 4th annual Elevate virtual conference hosted over 4,000 around the world—the largest gathering yet of mid-to-senior women in tech celebrating International Women’s Day. By the numbers, Elevate hosted 26 speakers across 17 sessions, supported by 13 sponsors — check out their jobs, they are hiring!
Top 10 Highest-Rated Sessions from Elevate 2021 Conference
Here are the top-rated talks from Elevate 2021, as voted on by attendees! You can watch (or re-watch) them at the links below:
- Start With Who: Choosing Your Next Career Opportunity – Kellee Van Horne, Director of Client Success at Affirm
- Morning Keynote: Leading Thru Change & Embracing the Mess – Anu Bharadwaj, VP of Product at Atlassian
- Building High-Performance Teams in a Pandemic – Elaine Zhou, CTO at Change.org, Rachana Kumar, VP of Engineering at Etsy, Tina Huang, CTO & Co-Founder at Transposit and Sukrutha Bhadouria, CTO & Co-Founder at Girl Geek X
- Afternoon Keynote: Resilience – Ashley Dudgeon, VP of Engineering at Salesforce
- Effective Communications Strategies for Remote Teams – Nicole Salzman Page, Product Manager at Zumba
- Integrating Inclusive Research into Design & Production – Kat Chiluiza, UX Researcher at Google
- Who’s Yellen Now? – Dessa, Podcast Host at BBC
- Building Problem-Oriented Teams & Mindset – Vrushali Paunikar, VP of Product at Carta
- Team U.S. Digital Service: School House Rock Didn’t Prepare Us For This – Engineers Amy Quispe, Julie Meloni, Elizabeth Schweinsberg, and Gina Maini at U.S. Digital Service
- Modernizing Mobile Codebases – Tracy Stampfli, Senior Staff Engineer at Slack
Special Thank You To Elevate 2021 Sponsoring Companies
Thank you to the great folks at: Atlassian, Slack, OpenAI, U.S. Digital Service, Carta, Salesforce, Intel AI, Johnson & Johnson, MaestroQA and Amazon Web Services for supporting the 4th annual Elevate virtual conference for International Women’s Day!
Don’t forget to check out their jobs—they are actively hiring!
Video Replays! Elevate 2021 sessions are available to stream, and the Top 10 (as voted by attendees) are watchable below:
#1 – Kellee Van Horne (Director of Client Success at Affirm) shares guidance on career moves: choose your boss and reporting chain carefully, prioritize roles where you have a differentiating skill or area of expertise, and be clear on what skills or content you want to learn in your next role.
#2 – Anu Bharadwaj (VP of Product at Atlassian) encourages attendees to lead with your strengths to find resilience. She talks about self care and allies in her keynote.
#3 – Sukrutha Bhadouria (Director of Engineering at Salesforce), Elaine Zhou (CTO at Change.org), Tina Huang (CTO & Founder at Transposit), Rachana Kumar (VP of Engineering at Etsy) discuss building high-performance teams in a pandemic.
#4 – Ashley Dudgeon (VP of Engineering at Salesforce) shares stories climbing the ladder at Salesforce, and navigating two maternity leaves. Hear advice on decision-making in the face of career challenges, and negotiating for impactful projects to secure career growth.
#5 – Nicole Salzman Page (Product Manager at Zumba) shares her new communications strategy for staying aligned with Engineering, Executives and Business Stakeholders to release products faster while working from home.
#6 – Kat Chiluiza (UX Researcher at Google) shares tips to empower folks on how to advocate for more inclusivity at their job. With real world examples, she will discuss dos/don’ts for research surveys or interviews.
#7 – Dessa discusses her viral hit “Who’s Yellen Now” — a 90-second Hamilton-inspired send-up to Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen — one part biography, one part brag rap. She talks about her creative writing process and what she’s up to now.
#8 – Vrushali Paunikar (VP of Product at Carta) speaks candidly about her own career journey and why a problem-oriented mindset has been such an important tenet. She shares her problem-solving flywheel framework.
#9 – Amy Quispe, Julie Meloni, Elizabeth Schweinsberg, and Gina Maini (Engineers at U.S. Digital Service) discuss solving gnarly problems in government tech, and how they are using their skills to improve government services and benefits for all Americans.
#10 – Tracy Stampfli (Senior Staff Engineer at Slack) talks about modernizing and refactoring code, with lessons drawn from an overhaul of the mobile codebases at Slack.
Watch all Elevate 2021 conference sessions video replays here!