CALL FOR SPONSORS FOR CAREER FAIR on JUNE 7 & SEPT 6!
This year will be bigger and better than ever! We’ve added:
- MORE SPONSORSHIP TIERS for deeper partnership with companies. We’ve been asked about how to be an ANNUAL sponsor, so please check out our new DIAMOND and ANNUAL tiers in addition to the standard GOLD and new STARTUP pricing.
- VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR with booths, networking tables, 1:1 speed networking, 1:1 meetings and 1:group meetings – so many fun ways to connect!
- HAPPY HOURS hosted by participating sponsoring companies in cities around the world, from the SF Bay Area (where Girl Geek X is headquartered) and beyond.
Girl Geek X brings together thousands of women technologists, innovators and tech leaders from around the world to share the latest in tech and leadership with fellow mid-and-senior level professional women.
These virtual conferences and career fairs are FREE for attendees – last year, over 3,000 women signed up to attend – tuning in from 42 countries around the world – to be inspired by speakers on the latest in tech trends and leadership.
Sessions content typically covers the following topics:
- Lightning Talks – Dive deep into an area that’s unique / critical to your business or role, from engineer to product, from strategy to a lightning tech talk.
- Technical Skills & Tactics – Tutorials, walkthroughs, or deep dives into a skillset (e.g. technical interviewing) or tactical approach to how you solved a real-world challenge.
- Learning & Development – Topics include negotiation, mid-career job searches, interviewing tips, managing up, self-awareness, ageism / return to work bias, mental health, etc.
If you can’t click on the button, check out our conference sponsorship prospectus at https://girlgeek.io/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Girl-Geek-X-Career-Fair-Sponsorship-Prospectus-2023.pdf
Call for Proposals – Speaker Submissions for Girl Geek X virtual events in 2023!
We are currently seeking speaker proposals for virtual Career Fairs to be held quarterly in 2023!
Girl Geek X invites women technologists, innovators and tech leaders from around the world to apply to speak and share the latest in tech and leadership with fellow mid-and-senior level women in technology!
Work on a unique technical project or have interesting insights you’d love to share? We want to hear from you! Both first-time and experienced speakers are welcome to apply.
Submit your proposal for a talk here to be considered and invited to speak.
- Share the technology you’re working on and tough problems you’re solving.
- Increase your visibility within your own organization and position yourself as a subject-matter expert in your field.
- Discuss what you’ve learned the hard way so that other women can more easily navigate their own careers — your talk will reach thousands of viewers!
- Highlight issues unique to women in technology/leadership, and issues you’ve experienced or are passionate about.
- Connect with other great women leaders, peers and mentors.
- Elevating other women is a fun and rewarding experience.
Topics we are excited to hear about:
- TECHNICAL INTERVIEWING for leadership roles (director and up) and individual contributors (ICs) from staff and up
- MID-TO-SENIOR-CAREER TRANSITIONS – technical interview prep / restarting after a hiatus / switching fields mid-career
- INFOSEC – cybersecurity
- DATA – how to implement a data strategy / data trends
- CLOUD & AI – technology trends / chatGPT workshops / AI for good
- FUTURE OF WORK – emerging skills / emerging fields / trends & predictions
- SUPPLY CHAIN – logistics / AI / autonomous transport
- HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT – combating climate change / trending health issues / healthtech
- PREVENTING BIAS – algorithmic, hiring / retention / promotion / dealing with ageism
- CONFLICT MANAGEMENT – navigating hierarchy / office politics / people, transcending differences
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT – courage / vulnerability / identifying & preventing burnout
- NETWORKING – networking skills & tips / maintaining connections long-term / getting a referral without a network
- NEGOTIATION – pay / severance / understanding options and equity
- FINANCE – investing / real estate / fintech / crypto
- DEI – working in DEI roles / building inclusive teams / fostering a psychologically safe culture
- PRIDE – transitioning at work, making LGBTQIA+ folks feel welcome & considered, building inclusive teams, leveraging allyship
- ETC, ETC – tell us what you are excited to geek out about in 2023!
- Submit your talk proposal here!
What are previous Girl Geek X sessions rated highly by attendees?
- DOMAIN EXPERT TALKS:
- ENGINEERING – modernizing mobile codebases, resilience, sales engineering, ensuring artificial general intelligence benefits all of humanity
- UX / DESIGN / RESEARCH – integrating inclusive research into design, the imperative of diversity in clinical trials, designing products scaling human experiences
- INVESTMENT / ECOSYSTEM – the link between the future of work, education and care, economic justice and cryptocurrencies / web3
- Don’t see your team / department represented? That’s OK – Tell us about your expertise, from TPM to customer success, operations to lab research, etc. Please do submit a talk about your unique domain expertise!
- CAREER / SELF CARE / STRATEGY TALKS:
- CAREER JOURNEYS – start with who: choosing your next career opportunity, office manager to CPO, how to get the promotion you deserve, resilience, how to lead if management is not for you
- PRODUCTIVITY / MENTAL HEALTH – overcoming proximity bias, communications strategies for remote teams, riding the highs and lows: navigating bad mental health days at the work space
- IMPOSTER SYNDROME – the intersection of product management and gender: strategies for navigating the hidden pitfalls, what’s holding you back might be you
- STRATEGY / NEGOTIATION – successfully pushing for pay equity at a company, decision-making at scale, ‘thank u, next’: how ‘diversity’ gets in the way of gender equity
How to write a speaker submission, from our friends at Autodesk:
Speaker Bio Template:
[name] is [job title] at [company]. In this role, she is responsible for [key activities]. Previously, she was [role] at [company] -OR- She has worked in this industry for [number of years]. She is passionate about [what motivates you]. She volunteers / leads [organizations and/or employee resource groups]. She studied [focus area] at [school].
Talk Title / Abstract Tips:
There are three parts to writing a talk title and abstract. Structure your thoughts around them to tell a short and complete story.
- Talk Title – Keep it simple and straightforward. Use terms that others might use to search for it.
- Problem Statement – Explain briefly the challenge you will help others address and the different perspective or experience that you can share with them.
- Benefits / Takeaways – Tell others clearly how they will benefit by spending time with you (e.g. the insights or skills they will learn). This can be a simple list of takeaways for conference attendees.
Please see our 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 conference websites to be check out previous speakers and sponsors. You can always find our videos at the Girl Geek X YouTube channel, podcasts at Spotify, and social on Instagram and updates at LinkedIn.