The 3rd annual Elevate virtual Conference in March 2020 hosted over 3,000 people from 42 countries around the world—the largest gathering yet of mid-to-senior women in tech (48% of attendees have 10+ years of work experience, 28% have 15+ years) celebrating International Women’s Day via Zoom web conferencing. By the numbers, Elevate hosted four keynote speakers, 17 sessions, 32 speakers, seven sponsors. Check out their jobs—they are hiring!
Watch the Top 10 Highest-Rated Sessions on YouTube!
Based on the votes of attendees in the post-event survey, here are the top-rated talks:
- What’s Holding You Back Might Be You: Imposter Syndrome – Sara Varni of Twilio
- The Link Between the Future of Work, Education and Care – Jomayra Herrera of Cowboy Ventures
- Military Transition: Vets in Tech – Claudia Weber of Intel AI, Mellisa Walker of Workday, Molly Laufer of HomeLight, Theresa Piasta of Puppy Mama, and Tiana Clark of Microsoft
- Leveling Up: Becoming a Manager of Managers – Arquay Harris of Slack, Bora Chung of Bill.com, Gretchen DeKnikker of Girl Geek X, and Ines Thornburg of Splunk
- Jumpstarting Your ML Journey in Cyber Security – Melisa Napoles of Splunk
- Investing In Others – Erica Lockheimer and Shalini Agarwal of LinkedIn
- Lift As You Climb: Morning Keynote – Carin Taylor of Workday
- The Imperative of Diversity in Clinical Trials – Alekhya Pochiraju of Genentech
- Every Job is a D&I Job. Every. Job. – Aubrey Blanche of Culture Amp
- Girl Geeks Gone Gov – Lisa Koenigsberg and Martha Wilkes of United States Digital Service
The Girl Geek X Team livestreamed 2020 Elevate virtual conference: Gretchen DeKnikker (COO), Rachel Jones (Podcast Producer), Sukrutha Bhadouria (CTO), and Angie Chang (CEO).
Special Thank You To Elevate 2020 Sponsoring Companies
Thank you to the warm folks at Intel AI, Checkr, Workday, United States Digital Service, Intuit, Splunk and The Climate Corporation for supporting Girl Geek X: Elevate 2020 virtual conference!
Don’t forget to check out their jobs—they are hiring!
Sponsor A Virtual Girl Geek Dinner in 2020
We have been excited to bring Girl Geek Dinners virtually to sheltering-at-home girl geeks globally during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Similar to Elevate, we are looking for sponsors for virtual Girl Geek Dinners on Zoom. In the sponsorship prospectus, please note the sponsorship benefits grid on the final page for “REACH Webcast”.
We have hosted three virtual conferences successfully and are excited to partner with companies on virtual Girl Geek Dinners with our community of over 20,000 women in tech.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about sponsoring a virtual Girl Geek Dinner in 2020!