The 6th annual Girl Geek X: ELEVATE Conference and Career Fair on March 8-9, 2023 in celebration of International Women’s Day hosted over 3k women & allies globally, with 74% attendees interested in hearing about jobs, 40+ women speakers (with 63% women of color), 5 sponsors at Career Fair (virtual employer booths), and 2 developer workshops.
- Overcoming Proximity Bias – Claire Rutkowski, Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer Champion at Bentley Systems
- Own It: Tenacity, Dealing with Setbacks and Being Resilient – Rebecca Dobson, Corporate Vice President, EMEA at Cadence
- Neurodiversity @ Work – Jessica Sahagian, Director of Engineering at ConnectRN
- Don’t Think You’re Qualified for a Position in Tech? Apply Anyway – Stevie Case, Chief Revenue Officer at Vanta
- Fuck Cancer: Prioritization, Boundaries and Self-Care – Aastha Gupta and Sharmeen Chapp, Senior Directors of Product Management at Meta
- The Four Allies You Need To Boost Your Career – Luiza Pena, Lead Application Engineer at Cadence
- Why Onboarding to a Company’s Legacy Codebase Sucks and How to Make it Work for Your Team – Shanea Leven, Chief Executive Officer at CodeSee
- Designing AI for Designers – Dr. Tonya Custis, Director of AI Research at Autodesk
- Beyond the Base: Negotiating Your Total Package – Aliza Carpio, Director of Product Management, Tech Evangelist at Autodesk
- From Netflix to Starting Up and How To Make ‘Scary’ Career Choices – Maria Kazandjieva, Engineering Leader and Co-Founder at Graft
- Strength Spotter for Teams – Aashima Lakhanpal, Search Product Lead at Google
- The Key to Excelling In Your Career is to Manage Your PIE (Performance, Image and Exposure) – Melsha Nicole Key, Senior Manager, Marketing Manager at Gap Inc.
- Data Storytelling: How This ONE SKILL Will Set You Apart – Katie Egeland, Senior Insights Analyst at PlayStation
- From Private to Public – Leading in Government Tech – Maya Israni, Director of Engineering at United States Digital Service
- How To Take Control of Your Career – Ginger Holt, Senior Staff Data Scientist at Databricks
- What Every Leader Should Know To Catalyze Higher Team Performance – Kimberley Parsons, Chief Executive Officer at Bamboo Teaming
- How To Navigate The Gatekeeping Culture in Tech – Cynthia C. Harbor, Senior Technical Program Manager at CACI
- Increasing Your Odds of Career Success with a Brag Sheet – Erica Pisani, Senior Software Engineer at Netlify
- Are You Technical Enough? – Kelly Kitagawa, Senior Solutions Engineer at HashiCorp
- Developer Workshop: Delivering Value and Standing Out In This Job Market – Shanea Leven, Chief Executive Officer at CodeSee
Thank You To ELEVATE 2023 Supporters – They’re Hiring!
Special thank you to our supporters at Autodesk, Cadence, United States Digital Service, CodeSee and Dematic for recruiting from the Girl Geek X community of mid-to-senior level technical women. We can’t wait to help another girl geek get her next job in tech.
The conference theme is “Lift As You Climb,” is perfect for celebrating International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month.