Pinterest Girl Geek Dinner 2017
Come enjoy an evening full of networking, food, drinks, speakers, demos, and more at the Pinterest HQ on Thursday, August 17th, 2017!
Learn how Pinterest evolved from a handful of people to a company of over 1200 employees, and how our complex engineering and product challenges have evolved over time! We will have lightning talks spanning Pinterest Lens to Machine Learning, followed by a tech panel with the Head of the Engineering, CTO and Head of Diversity. We’re also excited for you to meet our special guest, CEO Ben Silbermann!
Pinterest took a bold step in 2015, when co-founders Ben Silbermann and Evan Sharp decided to set public goals to increase women and underrepresented engineers and professionals across the company. The result of this commitment is that women in tech have increased from 21% to 26%, employees from underrepresented ethnic backgrounds have doubled, and a focus on leadership has helped us bring in powerful women executives such as our Head of Engineering, Li Fan, and Christine Flores, our General Counsel
• BEN SILBERMANN, Pinterest CEO & Co-Founder
• LI FAN, Pinterest Head of Engineering
• VANJA JOSIFOVSKI, Pinterest CTO
• CANDICE MORGAN, Pinterest Head of Diversity
• KINNARY JANGLA, Pinterest Senior Software Engineer, Homefeed Infrastructure
• ZHEFEI YU, Pinterest Software Engineer, Pinterest Lens
• FRANCES HAUGEN, Pinterest Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning
Pinterest’s mission is to help you discover and do what you love. It’s the biggest dataset of ideas ever assembled, with over 100 billion recipes, home hacks, style inspiration and other ideas to try. More than 250 million people around the world use Pinterest to dream about, plan and prepare for things they want to do in life.