Call for Speakers! Elevate 2022 Virtual Conference
We are seeking session proposals for the 5th annual Girl Geek X: Elevate 2022 Virtual Conference to be held March 8th, 2022.
We invite women technologists, innovators and tech leaders from around the world to participate in Elevate Virtual Conference to share the latest in tech and leadership with fellow mid-and-senior level women in technology, business, and entrepreneurship.
Work on a unique technical project or have interesting insights you’d love to share? We want to hear from you! Both first-time and experienced speakers are welcome to apply.
Submit your proposal for a talk here by November 22, 2021 (11:59pm Pacific) to be considered and invited to speak (session and/or panel discussion).
Why speak at Elevate virtual conference?
- Share the technology you’re working on and tough problems you’re solving.
- Increase your visibility within your own organization and position yourself as a subject-matter expert in your field.
- Share what you’ve learned the hard way so that other women can more easily navigate their own careers — your talk will reach thousands of viewers!
- Highlight issues unique to women in technology/leadership, and issues you’ve experienced or are passionate about.
- Connect with other great women leaders, peers and mentors.
- Elevating other women is a fun and rewarding experience.
What are previous conference sessions rated highly by attendees?
- DOMAIN EXPERT TALKS:
- ENGINEERING – jumpstarting your ML journey in cyber security, modernizing mobile codebases
- UX / DESIGN / RESEARCH – integrating inclusive research into design
- INVESTOR: the link between the future of work, education and care
- PRODUCT / MANAGEMENT – effective communications for remote teams
- Don’t see your team/department represented? Share your expertise, from TPM to customer success, operations to lab research, etc. Submit a talk about your domain expertise!
- CAREER / SELF CARE TALKS:
- ADVOCACY – it’s not a four letter word
- IMPOSTER SYNDROME – what’s holding you back might be you
- ALWAYS ASK FOR MORE – successfully pushing for pay equity at a company
- ONBOARD / RESET – how to return after a career hiatus / when to move on
More topics we are excited to hear about in a conference talk:
- MID-CAREER TRANSITIONS – job hunting / dealing with ageism / restarting after a long hiatus
- BLOCKCHAIN / WEB3
- CLOUD – technologies
- SUPPLY CHAIN – logistics
- PREVENTING BIAS – algorithmic, hiring / retention / promotion
- STORYTELLING WITH DATA
- CONFLICT MANAGEMENT – navigating hierarchy / office politics
- NEGOTIATION – pay / equity
- ETC, ETC – tell us what you are excited to geek out about in 2022!